Monday, October 28, 2013

Big B Conferred With Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award

Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan received the third Hridaynath Mangeshkar award for his contribution to the film industry. The prestigious Hridaynath Mangeshkar award was presented to Big B by filmmaker Subhash Ghai






Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan received the third Hridaynath Mangeshkar award for his contribution to the film industry. The prestigious Hridaynath Mangeshkar award was presented to Big B by filmmaker Subhash Ghai.

Melody queen Lata Mangeshkar was supposed to present the award but could not make it due to health issues.

"I got everything in life from Mumbai, my success, my stardom, my wife, my children and now even grandchildren. I am truly proud to be a Mumbaikar as the city has given me the most," Bachchan said after receiving the award.

The award ceremony was followed by a musical concert, where singers Sunidhi Chauhan, Shaan, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Sudesh Bhosle gave tribute to both Bachchan and Lata Mangeshkar.

The Mangeshkar family has been observing Pt Hridaynath's birthday for last 24 years and the first award was bagged by Lata Mangeshkar in 2011. Her younger Asha Bhosle was honoured with the same award last year.



Ref:boxofficecapsule


No comments:

Post a Comment

News Archive