Saturday, May 9, 2015

Shiamak Davar Accused For Sexual Abuse


Choreographer Shiamak Davar has been accused for sexual abuse by his former dance students Percy Shroff and Jimmy Mistry. However, the choreographer denies the allegations.


Choreographer Shiamak Davar has been accused for sexual abuse by his former dance students Percy Shroff and Jimmy Mistry. However, the choreographer denies the allegations.

Percy and Jimmy from North Vancouver, say they suffered years of unwanted sexual touching at the hands of Shiamak, who they say, abused his authority as their spiritual leader to control all aspects of their lives.

They have said that the choreographer is a sexually abusive and controlling leader of a VRRP Spiritual Learning group. Two lawsuits have been filed in the Canadian province of British Columbia Supreme Court.

Denying the allegations, Shiamak said, "I’m shocked by these allegations and deny them completely. I will not be intimidated into silence and will defend myself vigorously in court."

"Even though I’m extremely anxious to speak the truth, I have been advised not to do so publicly by my lawyer, David Crossin, as this matter is now before the court,” He added

He further said, "It is a privilege and honour for me to continue the work of my spiritual teacher, Khorshed Bhavnagri".

VRRP follows the teachings of Bhavnagari, who wrote ‘The Laws of the Spirit World’.

"It is my position, as filed in my response, that these claims are being made by former members of VRRP Spiritual Learning to simply smear Mrs. Bhavnagri’s good name and her wonderful book ‘The Laws of the Spirit World’. I would like members of VRRP Spiritual Learning to be rest assured that I will continue to serve the book and its teachings,” Shiamak said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

News Archive